Sunday, October 17, 2010

A few things from the Weekend

Well here are the caps I made this weekend.
They are made from copper (thank you,  Darren), textured with the little hammer from previous post and then given a patina using Lime Sulphur.
The little hammer  set was easy to use,  however,  because of it's relative light weight, it did require quite a bit of perseverance to pattern the copper.




I then sealed the caps with Renaissance wax.
I love the antique finish. Some of the caps also have a lovely pinkish glow which is a little hard to see on the photo.




I also put together a pair of "Rain drop earrings" which came in a kit from beadsonline.




My last photo is a little owl which I purchased from Georgie. Over the next week or so,  I hope to put a necklace together , incorporating this little fellow and my own lampwork beads. You can see more of Georgie's gorgeous owls and beads at  her website. www.jawjee.com
Cheers
Jenni.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...