Saturday, January 8, 2011

Etched Discs

I recently saw a gorgeous necklace in a magazine that used old Roman glass discs as it's main component.
It made me wonder if I could make something similar myself.

So I made the discs and a few focal pendants using various transparent glasses.
I then aged them by soaking them in an etching solution to give them that old/beachy glass look.

The pale aqua "took" very quickly and in the photos appears almost white.
The darker, more intense colours took a little longer soaking to achieve a similar look.
I'm pretty happy with the look that I achieved, and at a mere fraction of the price it seems like a good option.

Cheers ,
Jenni









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Corilu Designs said...

How beautiful Jenni! I am waiting for you to sell your wonderful beads!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are great!! Kristi
http://dreamsomedesigns.blogspot.com/

Jenni said...

Thanks Kathy and Kristi.
I am going to try to sell this year, Kathy. Got to get my act together!
Jenni

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...