Friday, February 18, 2011

A blogging learning curve.

Hello dear readers,

My family will tell you I have never been particularly adept at computing skills.
In fact, four months ago I had to be shown how to plug my little digital camera into the computer!
I still type with only two fingers. That will probably never change.

Years ago, a school teacher in frustration with my continuing pathetic skills at the typewriter keyboard, placed paper over the top of the keys so I could not look at them. I still do look at the keys to type.
That will never change either!

So, to say I have had a steep learning curve starting this blog is an understatement!
With each post, I have learnt a little more.
However, I could not have learnt these new skills (mind you, I still refer to my written instructions continually) without the help of some very prolific bloggers who not only dazzle me on a daily basis with their incredible artistic endeavours but also take the time and energy to write tips and tutorials for those with less experience such as myself.

I am sure there are a lot of you out there who so generously do this, but there are a few who come to mind immediately and I do wish to mention them here.

Lorelei who wrote about making collages.
Heather at Humblebeads who recently wrote about Piknik and creating those rounded corners she loves so much and
Brandi who amongst her many tips, recently wrote about creating a solid border, how to create a dotted border, how to make a colour palette and how to add text onto a photo.

Thank you so much, girls, for your educational efforts. This computer/photoshop/piknik/ Picasa/photo collage newbie is actually starting to learn a few computer skills!

One day down the track I hope I may be able to pass on the favour.




The above bicone photo collage was put together using Picasa, and believe me, if I can do it, you can too!

On to a new shape tomorrow!

Cheers for tonight,

Jenni

6 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Hi Jenni!
You are so welcome! I want to try to do more tutorials these upcoming months- I know they are so helpful. Sometimes I take these skills for granted. Your blog looks great despite the 2 finger typing!

Jenni said...

Thanks Lorelei for your comment, I will keep an eye open for any new tutorials you may do .

Regina said...

Hi Jenni, Thanks for stopping by. You are not alone when it comes to the steep learning curve. Thanks for the 'how to' links. Have a great weekend.

Jenni said...

Hi Regina, glad to help in any little way. Thanks for commenting, Jenni

My Life Under the Bus said...

I agree I feel like an idiot half the time but it all works out in the end! Picasa and Picnik were made for us!

Jenni said...

LOL, yes that is right Patty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...