Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tag Fire Lotus, New Batch

Hello dear readers,

After the excitement of my first success with Tag Fire Lotus glass, I decided to stock up and order some more.
I was a little disappointed that I did not achieve quite the colours as I did from the first attempt.
I put that down to user experience (the lack thereof)!

However when looking at the rods I noticed that my first glass order of Fire Lotus rods were significantly darker in colour than the second order, and now I am wondering if this has anything to do with the more muted reaction?!
When I inquired at a glass supplier this morning about this, I was informed that this variability of rod colour and associated reaction is normal for this glass manufacturer.
(boy am I going to hoard my first order rods!)

The other thing that is bothering me, is the fact that I keep on getting little 'pits' in the bead.

I always thought this was from working the glass too hot, but this time I felt I had been more careful of doing that, so any suggestions on how this could be prevented would be GLADLY welcome!
(The pits are quite visible in the first photo in the long bead between the two murrini.)












Cheers for now and have a great day!

Jenni.

2 comments:

Daniela Ellenberger said...

I don't know about the pits, but i love those beads.
Greetings
Daniela

Jenni said...

Thanks Daniela, have you had a play with fire Lotus yet yourself?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...