Sunday, March 25, 2012

I Heart Macro - Aqua Love

Hello my friends,

I am a lover of aqua-blue in any shade. Pale or deep in colour, slightly green or on the baby blue side... I just love it.
When browsing on Pinterest some time ago, I saw an idea to emulate those beautiful aqua-blue Mason jars, now quite a collectible item. (along with their collectible price!) So, I decided to give it a go, using the ingredients I already had at home.

I used a very basic little old Vegemite jar... use whatever you have in the cupboard.
To some Matt medium, I added some aqua - blue ink. ( Other people who have tried this have recommended food- dye and mod-podge... but I used what I had in my art box.)
I painted the outside of the jar and the result was a soft, pretty aqua.

The strong blue thins out to pale and pretty when applied to the jar. I have only painted one coat on the outside so far.


Much prettier than a plain old jar! I need to do a few more coats both on outside and maybe on the inside.

The above jars and photo is from Craft Berry Bush

I guess you could do this in an array of colours to suit your taste and decor.

Today, I am linking up to I Heart Macro hosted by Lori... head on over and check out all those lovely macro and close-up photos.

studio waterstone

Hoping you are enjoying your weekend,
Cheers,

6 comments:

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Oh wow, what a wonderful idea! Love what you can find on Pinterest. Can't wait to see your finished jar! Have fun!

Therese's Treasures said...

Jenni,
Cool idea! Looking forward to seeing the finished jar, I just know it is going to be pretty.
Therese

Tracey Leeder said...

One of my favorite colors as well. I am thinking about painting my kitchen island a shade of turquoise! I love this idea, and pinterest is wonderful!

Shel said...

Blues, of all shades, are my favorite. These are no exception - lovely!!

Mary Lamoray said...

I love this idea!1 If I lived in a house I would have them in all colors lined up along the windowsills :)

Anonymous said...

I love reusing jars like that. so handy and useful, and fun too! nice aqua color.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...