Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Heart macro - the flower spike.

Hello friends,

Last week while I was out and about I saw this wonderful plant. It had a large footprint and a HUGE spike with red flowers. I think it was a little past it's prime but the bees were still loving it.

Does anyone know the name of this beauty?

A busy little bee!

The wonderful flower spike.

studio waterstone

Today, I am linking up to I Heart Macro... where you can see "photography for  macro makers and the Camerologically challenged" Please do head on over for a look.. just click on the photo icon above and it will take you straight there!

(Also, if you wish to see a close-up photo of a surprise visitor I had yesterday look here... last photo on the post!)

Have  you are having a great weekend,

6 comments:

Mary Lamoray said...

Wow!! That is very cool!! I have no idea what it is though....

Annette said...

I don't have a clue what it is, but it's quite interesting! Great close up!

Aud said...

Very beautyful flower. I'm sorry that I can't help you with the name.
Have a great week :-)

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous! Beautiful colours. I've never seen it before.

TheChieftess said...

Lovely!

Azriel said...

Hi, I happened here by accident noticing your pic on Google. I can say you sure, that's a Yucca plant. Wich variety it is I don't know, because hadn't seen this color combination before on these plants. There are varieties with red (or orange) flowers too, but striped like this I didn't know. Yucca flowers have always 6 petals witch are pointed like these, and there are white flowers striped like these too. Only red striped flowers I didn't know from.
I hope this could help you at least a little bit. Greetings and good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...