Thursday, February 7, 2013

Changes are coming...

Hello friends,

Do you remember my dressmakers form? I called her Collette.

She sits in my bedroom and I think she looks pretty good here.... everything is pretty neat here ( well I think so)  as we are selling our home after 25 years! Scary thought really!


There's also our Bridge of Sighs painting and the old Japanese calligraphy box.... I love to have things with a bit of character around.... the bedside cupboards belonged to my parents-in-law and the cedar chest was my parents.

Next time around I am hoping to buy a more modern home.... I don't mind a mix of new and old although this room is definitely weighted towards the old.

I hope I can still fit these old favourites in our new home... we shall see!

Until next time,


6 comments:

coffeeaddict said...

good luck with moving houses! Such an exciting (as well as a bit scary) time. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new home, when you find the perfect one and of course the interir design choices :-)

Carole M. said...

good luck with your plans ahead Jenni; lots to look forward to. I'm sure your favourite pieces will settle into your next home very nicely too.

Cyndi J said...

Your current bedroom is so lovely. Gorgeous fireplace and chests. Good time to take a picture since it's neat as a pin in preparation for a sale. (Or maybe you keep it this way all the time!) I'm sure everything will fit in your new home when you find it.

Mary Lamoray said...

What a beautiful room!! I'm sure whatever you find, you will make it lovely and 'home' :)

Annette said...

What a beautiful room, Jenni! Collette looks at home in her corner. I like a mix of old and new too. If you love your pieces, they will work wherever they are! Good luck!

Sharyl said...

What a beautiful room! I dream of one like this! I think I should never leave it! Best wishes with your move though, and hope you enjoy your next home too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...